About Me

My photo
Jacqueline Harvey has combined a successful career in education with her love of a good story. She is the author of 14 novels for younger readers and a picture book, THE SOUND OF THE SEA, which was awarded Honour Book in the 2006 Children’s Book Council Awards. Her bestselling Alice-Miranda series centres on the life of Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones, a perpetually positive and determined seven year old who takes herself off to boarding school because it appeals to her sense of adventure. The first book in the series, Alice-Miranda At School was released in Australia in February 2010 with Alice-Miranda On Holiday, Alice-Miranda Takes the Lead, Alice-Miranda At Sea, Alice-Miranda In New York, Alice-Miranda Shows the Way and Alice-Miranda In Paris following at six month intervals. Jacqueline is currently contracted to write 12 Alice-Miranda books. She has a new series for younger readers (5-9 year olds) which launched in Australia in September 2012. Jacqueline is contracted to write eight Clementine-Rose books with Random House Australia. For more information go to www.jacquelineharvey.com.au

Friday, June 8, 2012

Hello from not so sunny England!

Hello Friends,
I must apologise for my infrequent posts in the past couple of months.  You see my best grown up friend, Jacqueline Harvey and I have been travelling all over the place talking to children in the United States and United Kingdom about my adventures.  Jacqueline has been writing a very big blog about our adventures. Can you believe that we met over 6500 children!  We visited 37 schools; 24 in America and 13 in England.  At the moment Jacqueline and I are busy working on a new adventure.  We are staying in a very pretty place in England called Oswestry, right near the Welsh borders.
I have exciting news too.  My new story, Alice-Miranda Shows the Way will be launched in Australia 1 August this year.  For my new friends in England, Alice-Miranda On Holiday will be out on the same date there.  And in other very exciting news, Jacqueline has a new series about a lovely little girl (who I actually haven't met yet, but I suspect I will quite soon) called Clementine Rose and her first adventure, Clementine Rose and the Surprise Visitor will be in the shops in Australia 1 September. 
If you would like to take a peek at our travels in the US and UK, please click the link here http://jacquelineharvey.blogspot.com/  and you will go to Jacqueline's other blog.
I have to say that the weather here in England is rather chilly at the moment.  It's summer and I think today the top temperature was only about 14 degrees celsius.  I hope we see some sunshine soon as there's only another week and a bit before we go to Paris, France!
I will try my best to blog more regularly but until we get home, it could be tricky.
Bye for now and lots of love,
Alice-Miranda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment